# of books read so far this year: 30
Date Finished: 5/30/2009
Description from back of book:
Struggling in his role as a newly single father, former army medic Kevin O'Brien moves home to Chesapeake Shores. He wants a haven for himself and his toddler son, surrounded by the family he knows he can count on. But Kevin is suddenly faced with a risk he hadn't anticipated — Main Street bookseller Shanna Carlyle. Shanna immediately recognizes Kevin as a wounded soul — she's had way too much experience with the type. Still, this charming O'Brien man and his son are almost impossible to resist. But just when the barriers are toppling, someone from Shanna's past appears. With their hard-won serenity threatened, Kevin and Shanna face their toughest challenge — learning to trust again.
What I LOVED:
- I LOVED Shanna. I loved the bookstore/game store. Perfect for a town like Chesapeake Shores.
- Of course, I love the small town feel of Chespeake Shores, and the sense of community and how everyone knows everyone and helps each other in times of need.
- I also loved the O'Brien Family dynamics. I found the banter between them entertaining, and enjoyed the chaos of a large family.
- I liked how Kevin came to terms with Meg's leaving all those years ago, and especially Meg, who was the inspiration to pursue his dreams from long ago of becoming an Environmentalist.
- I loved the fact that I was instantly hooked from the first page of this book. I was pleasantly surpried to read the
- I love the way Gram is able to hold everyonew in the family together.
- Most of all, I LOVED the budding romance between Kevin and Shanna and I thought they were perfect for each other!
- I LOVED how Henry's grandmother had a change of heart and Henry and Shanna were reunited.
- Laurie (Shanna's friend). I thought she was really sel-centered and I wish she would've let Shanna live her own life instead of always trying to butt in. I couldn't STAND her.
- Mr. and Mrs. Davis- I hated the way they made Kevin feel guilty about "moving on" so soon after losing Georgia. I would think/hope they'd want him (and in turn, Davy, their grandson) to be happy.
A few other things:
I'm interested to see if Sherryl Woods will continue this series and where she will go with it, a reunion between Mick and Meg, Kevin and Shanna's wedding....more babies for them!!!I REALLY hope she will continue this series.