Saturday, February 28, 2009

Montana Creeds: Logan by Linda Lael Miller


Logan returns to his hometown, Stillwater Springs, Montana, to restore his ranch. He finds single mother, Briana, living in Dylans cabin with her two young sons, Josh and Alec. He soon becomes friends with the boys, and realizes he is falling in love with their mother. Their dad, Vance, abandoned them one night in the Walmart parking lot, and they've been living in Dylan's house ever since. Logan is also hoping to get back in touch with his brothers, Dylan, and Tyler. They haven't spoken to each other since their father Jake's funeral five years earlier. There was a big fight after Logan said some horrible things about their father. In time, Dylan comes around, but it takes Tyler, who's the youngest of the 3 brothers, awhile longer to agree to talk to Logan.

After months of hardly any contact and missed child support payments, Vance shows up in Stillwater Springs, with his new wife in tow. He claims he wants to make things right and be a father to his two sons. Things go well for awhile, then Heather, then his wife acts irresponsibly, while in charge of the children. The last straw is when she tries to kidnap the boys. That is pretty much the end of her and Vance's relationship.


This was my first Linda Lael Miller book, and definitely not my last. I am definitely going to read more of her books very soon, starting with the next book in the Montana Creeds Series. I also have several books from her other series' here too, that I am eager to read as well. I also want to ask my book reading friends if they can recommend any good western Romance Authors/Series/books. I love the small town feel, as well as the rugged men who find their ladies to love. My favorite character in this book was Briana. She lived very simply and made sure she had enough to get by, and was satisfied with that. I wish I could be more like her! I hope to hear more about them in the next books.

No comments: