Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why I blog

I'm struggling with how to write my thoughts on a book, yet at the same time, convey what I really feel about that book. Sometimes I worry that my writing abilities aren't good enough to truly represent how I felt about a book. I look at alot of other people's book blogs, who are GREAT writers and whose blogs look so professional compared to mine. However, I'm really only keeping up with this blog for my personal use. So that I can remember what books I've read and I can go back someday and remember what they were about, and what I thought about them. I've tried several different ways of capturing my thoughts on a book....1) answering a series of questions, using a pre-made survey and tweaking it, a little bit. 2) writing my own version of a book description and my thoughts. and 3) copying/pasting a book description from somewhere else and writing my own thoughts. I think the best option is #2, which I will keep working on. I want this blog to be MY OWN and I'm not sure I like the idea of copying/pasting from somewhere. So I will try some different things in the future....some books I might only have my thoughts and not necessarily a description of the book. Others I may use discussion questions as my entry for that book. And OTHERS, may have my personal thoughts and the descriptional all mixed together. I also shouldn't worry about giving away spoilers, because this is, after all, MY blog, and the whole purpose of me keeping this blog is so I can remember what happened in the book. I also want to add some other things, not just book review entries. Hopefully I can work on this as time goes on.

No comments: