Sunday, May 18, 2008

Change of Heart BY Jodi Picoult

# of book read so far this year: 29
Title: Change of Heart
Author: Jodi Picoult
Date Finished: 5/18/08
Genre: Contemporary fiction
# of pages: 447
Series: ~~~~~
blurb: Shay is accused of murdering Elizabeth and her stepfather, Kurt Nealon. He is sentenced to Death. Several years later, Elizabeth's sister, Claire, is dying of a heart condition, and Shay wants to donate his heart to her once he is executed. However, if he is executed by means of lethal injection, his heard will not be able to be donated. So, they petition to have him hanged instead. It is during the trial, though, that June, Claire's mom, finds out that Shay shot Kurt out of self-defense when he found him molesting Emily, and they started fighting, and Elizabeth got in the way and was also shot.
personal thoughts/opinions: I didn't like this book at all. I didn't like the way it went from person to person. I found that to be too confusing. I didn't like all the emphasis on religion. I thought that was way too drawn out. It took forever just to get at least halfway through the book and I found myself reading it just so I could be done with it and move on to the next book. I ended up skimming through the second half of the book. I was expecting something more like My Sister's Keeper, that would focus more on the background of the family.
What did you like best about the book? Unfortunately, with this book, it's hard to find even one thing
What didn’t you like about the book? probably the whole plot
why you read it? Well I've read several of Jodi Picoult's books before and enjoyed them. I was excited when I found out this book was going to be released, but I was really disappointed.
Was this book recommended to you or did you find it on your own?
Would you recommend it to others? probably not
Do you want to read more books by this author? I definitely want to read more of her books. I really like her books, just not this one.
Does it remind you of other books you’ve already read? no
Did you find it hard to stay interested in this book? yes it was very difficult, which is why I skimmed through the second half
Was this book what you expected? no, I expected something more along the lines of My Sister's Keeper, that focused more on the family.
What book are you planning to read next? All We Know of Heaven by Jacquelyn Mitchard

No comments: