Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Redemption by Karen Kingsbury


# of book read so far this year: 45
Title: Redemption
Author: Karen Kingsbury & Gary Smalley
Date Finished: 8/20/2008
Genre: Christian Fiction
# of pages: 373
Series: Redemption Series Baxters 1
blurb: Kari finds out her husband, Tim is cheating on her with one of his students, Angie. She refuses to divorce him as he requests, and wants so desperately to work on their relationship. Tim soon realizes he really is in love with her and wants to be with her. Kari also finds out she's pregnant with Tim's child, thus another reason why Tim decides to come home to Kari. Tim's Student, Angela Manning, is devastated that Tim decides to go back to Kari, and in her heart Angie still believes Tim loves HER. Angie's ex-boyfriend Dirk, desperately wants Angie back and sees Tim as the only thing that ever came between them. Angie lies to Tim and tells him she's pregnant with his child. Tim goes to her apartment one last time to tell her goodbye and that he can't be with her. This ends up being the same night that Dirk plans to propose to Angie. Dirk runs into Tim on his way in to Angie's apartment. He shoots Tim 3 times and ends up killing him. He confesses what he has done and is convicted of Murder. Angie is able to confess to Tim that she really isn't pregnant and Tim asks her to tell Kari that he's really sorry and that he loves her.
personal thoughts/opinions: This was one of those books that leaves you wanting to read the next book NOW....which I luckily checked out the first two books in the series at the same time. I can already tell it won't take me long at all to get through this series. I thought they did a great job introducing us to each member of the family, and letting us into their lives. Though I did feel like there were some unanswered questions about Kari's brother sisters. What happened to Ashley in Paris? Why does Erin's baby always seem to be sick? What happened to Brooke and her husband to test their faith? What happened between Luke and Ashley? I really felt sorry for Ashley at some times. Then other times I really hated her? Personally I think Ryan and Ashley should be together? Although I can understand why he doesn't want to if he says he'd be imagining Kari every time he looked at Ashley?
What did you like best about the book? probably Tim and Kari's relationship...I wasn't expecting it to end the way it did though.
What didn’t you like about the book? I didn't like Angie AT ALL. I don't approve of anyone "cheating" on spouses or partners, and even worse, willingly "helping" someone cheat by dating married people.
why you read it? I had wanted to read the Forever Faithful Series, but found out that this series is connected and should be read before. I'm sure glad I read this book.
Was this book recommended to you or did you find it on your own? I found it on my own. I'm trying to read all of Karen Kingsbury's books.
Would you recommend it to others? definitely!
Do you want to read more books by this author? I plan to read the rest of this series, and the other series that are connected, as well as all of her other books!
Does it remind you of other books you’ve already read? In a way it reminds me of the Cape Light Series.....,John Baxter reminds me of the Pastor from that series.
Did you find it hard to stay interested in this book? not at all
Was this book what you expected? yes
What book are you planning to read next? I think I will continue with this series and read the next book "Remember"

No comments: