Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rogue by Danielle Steel


# of book read so far this year: 41
Title: Rogue
Author: Danielle Steel
Date Finished: 8/10/2008
Genre: Contemporary Romance
# of pages: 305
Series: N/A
blurb: Maxine, a Psychiatrist who works with suicidal teens, is a busy mother of 3, living in New York City. Her ex-husband, Blake, is basically a grown-up kid with houses all over the world, and expensive toys and gadgets. He likes to have fun and doesn’t accept responsibilities as an adult. Maggie meets Charles, a physician, who is much more like her than Blake ever was. They fall in love and decide to get married. Charles does not feel comfortable around her children and can’t understand why or accept the fact that Blake is so involved in Maggie’s life. This creates a lot of tension between them, in face the night before the wedding, after a number of events, the wedding is called off, and Maggie and Blake end up getting-remarried, much to their childrens’ delight. Maggie’s children are Daphne, who’s 13, Jack, who’s 12, and Sam, who’s 6.
personal thoughts/opinions: I really enjoyed this story. I actually could see how opposites would attract with Maxine and Blake. I love what Blake did with the opening the orphanage. I’m so glad Maxine was able to appreciate that as well.
What did you like best about the book? The characters.
What didn’t you like about the book? I didn’t like Charles at all. I thought he was too uptight, and I felt like he didn’t give himself a chance to get to know Daphne’s kids, he just kind of barged in on them. I also didn’t like how he didn’t respect that Blake was a big part of their lives.
why you read it? Because I read all of Danielle Steel’s books.
Was this book recommended to you or did you find it on your own? I keep up with all of Danielle Steel’s releases, so I found it on my own.
Would you recommend it to others? Yes
Do you want to read more books by this author? Definitely. I already know she has one more book coming out in 2008 and another coming out in early 2009. I can’t wait to read them.
Does it remind you of other books you’ve already read? Not really
Did you find it hard to stay interested in this book? Not at all
Was this book what you expected? Yes
What book are you planning to read next? Summer By the Sea by Susan Wiggs

1 comment:

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Hi, I like reading your reviews. Also, there are so many beautifully romantic novels by Danielle Steel that I wish you had reviewed.

Also, it would be great if you could move beyond Karen Kingsbury at times and cover a broader palette like some of the most amazing romance writers of our times like Maeve Binchy, Erica James, Nora Roberts, Cecelia Roberts. True, we know some of your favorite writers include Karen Kingsbury but lets have some more variety to others too who are doing good stuff and exploring newer frontiers in the world of romance. That's what I am really looking forward to.

Warm wishes,
Swapna Raghu Sanand
India