Saturday, November 8, 2008

Forever by Karen Kingsbury


Blurb: This book starts out just after Dayne proposes to Katy. Dayne is ready to move to Bloomington, and one day Katie sees this perfect house thats right on Lake Monroe. It is really run down, and will need alot of work before they can move in, but Katy and Dayne both see the potential that house has. Then, a short time later, Dayne plans to go back to Bloomington to see the last performance of a show at the Drama camp. On the way to the airport the Paparazzi are trying to chase him and Randi Wells, his co-star Down. This results in a horrible accident leaving Dayne in a coma for 30 days and even the possibility of losing one of his legs. His prognosis does not look very promising. Through the Miracles of God, he pulls through, with Katy by his side the entire time. During this time, the media also finds out that the Baxters are Dayne's family and publish some nasty things about them in the tabloids. All of the Baxter Children seem very accepting of Dayne, and are eager to get to know him. All except Luke. He seems to be having a hard time getting used to the idea, and he feels like all anyone can talk about lately is Dayne. Almost like jealousy toward Dayne. He goes into a tumultous period for a short while and almost ruins his marriage. Luckily, John sends him a letter that Elizabeth had written each of their children. It was all about how to have a successful marriage. Regan finds the letter and realizes how some of this is her fault and realizes alot of things that she could've done differently. They have a long talk one evening and are able to work out alot of their problems. Luke also changes his mind about Dayne, and realizes how awesome it is to have that brother he always wanted. Dayne even offers him a position working exclusively on his contracts and holdings in Bloomington. Luke accepts this position, and they make plans to move their after Christmas.
After Dayne wakes up, though, and sees the article where Luke stated stated "Blood doesn't make him a Baxter" Dayne begins having second thoughts about moving to Bloomington. He is starting to wonder whether it was really a good idea to contact the Baxter Family. Katy still tries to assure him that it was a good idea to find them and that his sisters and his dad still love him. She talks him into at least going to visit for Thanksgiving and meeting Luke and Erin in person. Dayne agrees but is dreading the whole thing.
However, when they show up for Thanksgiving, they find their house is completed and BEAUTIFUL, even though they were told contractors wouldn't be able to get started until the spring. Instead the entire Baxter family, the Flanigans, friends of various family members, and family from CKT chipped in to help get their house ready. After seeing this, Dayne realizes that he is HOME and that this is where the belong. Now, it's time to start planning that wedding.
My thoughts: I think this was my most favorite book out of the Baxter Saga yet. I got tears in my eyes when I was reading about that beautiful new house, and all the people who worked together to make it beautiful. And also the day that Dayne and Katy came home. I CANNOT wait to read the next book in the series and plan to rush to the library to pick it up ASAP.
This is the review I left on Amazon.com:
Normally I don't post reviews for books, but I wanted to for this one. I found myself with tears rolling down my face in several parts of this book. I have read the Redemption Series and all the previous books in the Firstborn Series but this is definitely my favorite so far. I always keep these books coming and reserve the next 1 or 2 from the library as I'm reading each book, so I don't have to go too long between them. I, too, think this series would make a great movie, and often find myself thinking of actors/actresses to play each part.
I've read several of Karen's other books and I don't plan to stop until I've read them all.
I finished this book on 11/8/2008. This is book #61 for the year!!!

No comments: