Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Sweethearts Knitting Club- Lori Wilde


This was the first book I read by Lori Wilde, and DEFINITELY not my last. I had seen this in Borders recently, and of course the title caught my eye, but the fact that it was a story about a group of friends was an added bonus! I guess there really wasn't as much about the knitting group as I thought it would be. It was more focused around the Flynn/Jess/Beau triangle (I was on Team Jesse). Flynn and Jesse have been friends since highschool. Beau has also been envious and resentful of Jesse, and even had him arrested on graduation day. 10 years later, Jesse is finally out of prison and learns that Flynn and Beau are engaged. Flynn and Jess meet for the first time in 10 years, and after awhile Flynn realizes it's Jesse that she wants, not Beau.

The Sweethearts are a group of ladies who knit together. Flynn's mom, who passed away a few years ago was also in the group, and the ladies sort of took Flynn under their wing after her mom died. It was also Lynn's dying wish for Flynn to open a yarn store, which she names Lynn's Yarn Barn. It happens to be in the old theater on the floor above Jesse's Motorcycle Shop.

Luckily, this book is first in a series. The next book, the true love Quilting Club comes out in April 2010 and I'm excited to read that one. I hope We will hear more about Flynn and Jesse. She also has a 3rd book coming out around Christmas time about a Cookie Club, and another one about a gardening club coming out later. The other series of hers I want to read is the Wedding Veil Wishes series.

Date Finished: 1/6/2010 12:53am
book 2 for the year

No comments: