Thursday, March 10, 2011

Harvest Moon by Robyn Carr

I finished this around February 28th. (Behind in my blog AGAIN!) I absolutely LOVED this book. Out of the 3 that came out this year, Promise Canyon was just ok, Wild Man Creek was awesome, in fact I thought that was my favorite, but that was until I read Harvest Moon! As I predicted Jillian's sister, Kelly moved to town and lived with Jillian for awhile. She met Greg, who was a writer, and who'd recently moved to Virgin River to get his stepdaughter, Courtney, out of LA. Courtney is a troubled teenager, who recently lost her mom and who was going through the grieving process. She felt like no one wanted her and was tired of feeling like she was being shuffled between Greg and her real dad. I really felt for Courtney. The book ended exactly how I wanted it to and I can't wait to read more about them in next year's books. I really loved Kelly too (she has an AWESOME name!) and really enjoyed hearing about all her cooking. I'm not into cooking, but alot of her recipes sounded good. Some people in my book group were upset that the "regulars" weren't really in this book much. I actually didn't mind that. I think if each book has the same characters, it would get boring after awhile. I enjoyed reading about new people for a change.

I definitely gave this one 5 out of 5 stars. And this should really go on my list of favorites.

No comments: