Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Promise Canyon- Robyn Carr


I am so excited that I FINALLY finished a book. Once again, I enjoyed another awesome book. I love this series because everyone feels like family, and I definitely feel peaceful when I read them. We were introduced to some new characters in this book. Clay Tahoma comes to work at Nathan Jensen's Vet Clinic. He is the brother of Ursula Toopeek, from the Grace Valley Series. I love how Robyn incorporated the Toopeek Family into this series...now hopefully we'll start to hear about more characters from the Grace Valley Series. I really wish she'd continue with the Grace Valley Series. Anyway, Lily works for her grandfather at his feed store, and makes daily deliveries to the Vet Clinic. It is there that she meets Clay. Of course they fall in love, but with many bumps along the way.

I plan to start Wild Man Creek, the next book in the series today. There were several new characters introduced in Promise Canyon, to set the stage for Wild Man Creek. Jillian and Kelly are a couple of the new characters. They were passing through Virgin River on their way home from a yearly road trip/vacation with two of their girlfriends, Jackie and Penny. And it looks like we'll hear more about Collin Riordan and his brothers.

Can't wait!!

I am dying to start Marrying Daisy Bellamy by Susan Wiggs, but I want to read Wild Man Creek while Promise Canyon is still fresh in my mind, and also I can be ready for the next book when it comes out at the end of this month.

Other books I want to read very soon include:

Here To Stay- Catherine Anderson (I think I'm going to read this book out of order).
Against the Wind & Against the Fire by Kat Martin
The Backup Plan by Sherryl Woods
Home At Rose Cottage and Return To Rose Cottage by Sherryl Woods

And I really need to read Chesapeake Shores Christmas before Sherryl's 3 books for the year come out, starting in March or April.


No comments: