Thursday, January 22, 2009

All the Right Angles by Stef Ann Holm

This book is about the same family that was in All that Matters. It centered around Francesca, who is the secretary for Moretti Construction, and also has her own Architecture Design business. She meets Kyle Jagger, and can't seem to get him out of her mind. Kyle owns Legacy Construction, kind of like the Rival to Moretti Construction. When Giovanni dies, the family discovers that Giovanni and Kyle have this private deal that Kyle owns part of the company. And the family is not able to buy him out, and is worried about his own company as it is. So, he deals with both companies for awhile. During this time, he and Francesca admit their attraction for each other, even when Francesca's friends put an personal ad on the internet. Eventually the Morettis find out that Giovanni had taken out a 2 million dollar life insurance policy and they are able to buy Kyle out. But, Kyle stays and works with Moretti just like he's been doing, only so he can stay close to Francesca. He also asks her to marry him.

My Thoughts: Let me start off by saying I just realized that I was so eager to read this book only because it was about the Morettis, that I didn't even look at the back cover. I was just reading the back cover and realized based on what I read, I probably wouldn't have set it down if I was in a store browsing and happened to see this book and read the back cover. That goes to show you that you never know how good a book will be just by reading the cover. I really enjoyed this book, although I liked the other book better. I liked all the characters and liked the feel of a big Italian Family. I think Kyle was perfect for Francesca...she needed to loosen up a little. I am so glad I found Stef Ann Holms books. I went to the used bookstore the other day and bought Lucy Gets Her Life Back and I also have Leaving Normal, that I got several months ago. And then I'm eagerly awaiting for the 3rd Moretti book later this year.

No comments: