Wednesday, January 21, 2009

All That Matters by Stef Ann Holm


Chloe Lawson has worked hard to get her Bakery up and running, until a major grocery store chain threatens to shut it down, by buying the property. Chloe seeks the legal guidance of John Moretti, as a favor to his brother Robert, who owns a restaurant and buys all his desserts from the bakery. John is going through a tough time with his two children, after loosing his wife. While working with Chloe, he finds himself attracted to her, and helps her fight for her bakery. All ends well and Chloe ends up having her bakery right in the grocery store, which allows her to expand like she's been wanting to do and also brings her more business.


My thoughts: This was the first Stef Ann Holm book I read. My resolution for 2009 was to expand my tastes and try some new authors. I don't know what it was about this book that caught my attention, but something sure did. I found it very easily to get hooked on this book once I started reading and did not want to put it down. I was thrilled to find that this book is connected to another book All the Right Angles (which centers around the sister Francesca), and that there is even ANOTHER book coming out later in the year, which centers around their brother Mark. I enjoyed this book so much I rushed out the next day and bought All the Right Angles. I especially enjoy the fact that this family is Italian, just like my family!! This was my first Stef Ann Holm book but it definitely will NOT be my last.
One other cool thing was that I emailed Stef Ann Holm to find out about the next book and she emailed me back!!! I thought that was very cool.
I finished this on January 9, 2009

No comments: