Saturday, May 9, 2009

Diamonds In the Rough by Diana Palmer


Things I like about Diana Palmer's Diamonds In the Rough

  • I love the fact that one underlying theme is that Money can't buy happiness. John tells Sassy repeatedly that she has so few material things, yet she considers herself to have many blessings, whereas he has alot more than she does (material things) and he feels empty.
  • I love Sassy. I love the way that she steps in and takes care of everyone around her. But I also love that John comes in and takes care of HER for a change.
  • Of course, I love the setting--small town, ranch, with a little romance thrown in.
The only thing I didn't like about the book was how John lied to Sassy about who he was. I didn't see why that really mattered. I also thought that she sure forgave him fast....that almost seemed a little fake to me, not that I expect FICTION books to sound realistic anyway.


I am definitely eager to go back and read The Men of Medicine Ridge now, so I can get the background story on John's brother, Gil. I am also hoping that Diana Palmer will continue this series. I would like to see Sassy have a child or two (or three!)

Date Finished: 5/10/2009

No comments: