Monday, May 18, 2009

Reading Survey

Got this from one of my book groups....


Why do you read? (escapism, stress relief, relaxation, improve yourself etc)

I read mainly for stress relief, relaxation, and to escape reality for a little while. It's nice to step into another world and be someone else for a short time.

When you are in the mood to read a favorite genre what genre would it be? And what author(s) would you look for to satisfy your mood?

Usually Contemporary Romance, and my favorite authors are Debbie Macomber, Robyn Carr, Sherryl Woods, and Susan Wiggs

If you were having the world’s suckiest week ever, what genre and author(s) would you turn to in order to escape?

Same as above OH! and Christian Fiction, more specifically Karen Kingsbury books.

If you needed a good cry which author(s) will guarantee you tear up?

Well I don't normally cry when reading. It takes alot to make me cry in general, but I have teared up on a few occasions

If you want a thinking readers book, what author(s) would you lean towards?

Jodi Picoult or Jacqueline Mitchard

If you needed sheer entertainment which author (s) would you choose?

I'm not sure....something in the Chic Lit genre perhaps. I got a huge Kick out of Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani (though I know thats not really a Chick Lit book)





No comments: