Friday, June 5, 2009

Romeo, Romeo by Robin Kaye


# OF books read so far this year: 31
Date Finished: 6/5/2009

Blurb from back of book:

Rosalie Ronaldi doesn't have a domestic bone in her body ...

All she cares about is her career, so she survives on take-out and dirty martinis, keeps her shoes under the dining room table, her bras on the shower curtain rod, and her clothes on the couch ...

Nick Romeo is every woman's fantasy - tall, dark, handsome, rich, really good in bed, AND he loves to cook and clean ...

He says he wants an independent woman, but when he meets Rosalie, all he wants to do is take care of her. Before too long, he's cleaned up her apartment, stocked her refrigerator, and adopted her dog ...

So what's the problem? Just a little matter of mistaken identity, corporate theft, a hidden past in juvenile detention and one big nosy Italian family too close for comfort ...


My thoughts:

I heard about this author/book from one of my online book groups. I was excited to hear about it, because I enjoy reading books about Italian-American families, since I am part Italian myself. This book was somewhat hard to get into at first, but once I got into it, I found it very entertaining. I liked reading about the family dynamics, and enjoyed the happy ending. I am anxious to read one of Robin Kaye's other books, Too Hot To Handle, which is also about an Italian-American family.

1 comment:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Kelly, nice review. I have this on my kindle and look forward to reading it!