Monday, June 8, 2009

Vision In White by Nora Roberts


Book 32 for the year
Finished on June 7, 2009

I loved this book so much, I can only hope my review is written well enough to convey how much I loved this story. This was the first book I read by Nora Roberts, and DEFINITELY not my last. I have several of her books in my shelves and honestly don't know why I haven't picked any of them up. I really didn't know what this book was about before I started reading. I only knew that it was about a wedding, given the cover art. I figured it would be a good start to Nora's books since it's the first book in a series (YAY!) I was HOOKED before I even finished the prologue. When I found out that Mac was given a camera when she was a child, and was then designated "photographer" when she and her friends played their Wedding Day game, I knew this was the perfect book for me. I'm very into photography myself, so I could definitely relate to Mac. My favorite scenes were when she was setting up for a shoot and trying to decide how to capture the couples in the most creative way that was unique to them. If only I had more self-confidence, I might consider a career in Photography. For now, it's just a hobby and I'm just an amature.

I also loved Mac's three friends, Laurel, Emma, and Parker (Interesting names, I might add). Emma was in charge of Flowers, Laurel was in charge of cakes and goodies, and Parker was the "Boss" and kept everything running smoothly. These four ladies have been best friends since childhood and their favorite childhood game of "Wedding Day" turned into a business for them when they grew up. A rather SUCCESFUL and popular business! I loved the way they interacted, and were their for each other.

Mac's mom was something else! Her character was bitchy, but she added to the story. You never knew what was around the corner. And Carter's ex was another piece of work. I LOVED Carter though. I can't wait to see what's in store for he and Mac.

Obviously, as you can see I can't wait for December to get here. That is when the next book Bed of Roses will be released! Just in time for Christmas!

2 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Kelly, I'm really looking forward to reading this book. When I do, it'll be my second N.Roberts book! She's so prolific that I can't believe I haven't read more. At any rate, nice review. Makes me want to get to it fast!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I also want to tell you how much I like your blog. The colors are beautiful - perfect for this time of year (or anytime).