Saturday, September 8, 2007

74 Seaside Avenue- Debbie Macomber



first a little background on this series and Debbie Macomber.....

This is one of my favorite series...the Cedar Cove Series....I read the first book of this series-16 Lighthouse Road- in 2004 and amazingly enough couldn't get into it the first time I read it, and it sat in my car for a couple months....One day I picked it up again and started reading, and ever since I've been HOOKED!!! That was also the first book I ever read by Debbie Macomber. She only writes one book in this series per year and they always hit the shelves late August/Early September....and each year the title has to do with the number in the series that the book is...for Example.....the books go in this order: 16 Lighthouse Road, 204 Rosewood Lane, 3 Pelican Court, 44 Cranberry Point, 50 Harbor Blvd, 6 Ranier Drive, and finally 74 Seaside Avenue. Each of these addresses is a certain family's house and the book centers around that family, but mentions everyone else too. This series is set in the fictional town Cedar Cove, Washington My favorite book in the Series is actually the first, 16 Lighthouse Road...I thought it was the most interesting and entertaining out of all of them so far.

I also found out that in 2008 Debbie's Christmas book is going to be a Cedar Cove Christmas...I CANT WAIT for that!!! And then in September 2008 it will be 8 Sandpiper Way...which I'm Eagerly awaiting that one too...

And now, on to 74 Seaside Avenue. 74 Seaside Avenue focuses mostly on Bobby and Terri Polgar. Bobby is a world-know chess player and is being threatened by a Russian player that he must lose the match in order to protect the safety of himself and his wife. We also get to hear about Rachel, who's trying to decide whether she's in love with Bruce or Nate, and all the other people who live in Cedar Cove (Including some of my favorites: Olivia, Grace, Justine, Seth, and MaryEllen).

My thoughts on 74 Seaside Avenue:

I thought Bobby was way too overprotective of Teri. I thought she should've been given more freedom.

Rachel belongs with Bruce in my opinion....Nate is too self-absorbed....he doesn't deserve her. Luckily I think she realized this in the end....I want Rachel and Bruce to get married and have a baby.

I think James(Bobby's driver) and Christie should get together......James is so sweet....Christie was so mean to him, but luckily she started to realize how she was acting...I didn't like her in the beginning. She seemed too stuck-up. Luckily she realized that nothing she did would make Bobby interested in her and she gave up and left him alone.

Linette McAffie- I think she did the right thing by moving away...it allowed her a fresh start....I loved how Debbie tied in the Dakota Series with this book through her....I was excited when I realized that!!! I read that series a long time ago.

Will Jefferson really bugged me....I hated him from the first time I heard about him. Despite what he may say, I still think he only moved to Cedar Cove to be closer to Grace.....I don't know what the big deal was and why Grace couldn't just tell Cliff that Will was moving to Cedar Cove. I'm glad things worked out for MaryEllen and Jon's new baby....I remember that was a big piece of the last book.

Olivia----I was so sad when she was Diagnosed with Breast Cancer....she's my favorite cancer, and I'm very anxious to hear what happens to her. I'm eager to find out what happens.

I was glad that Bobby won the chess match anyway in the end...it just goes to show that you can't MAKE someone lose, fate might just make them win.

My only disappointments were that there was no mention of Cecelia and Ian Randall or Allison Cox and Family, and also Charlotte Jefferson- I LOVE her......Hopefully they'll all be in the next book.


What I'm excited for in 8 Sandpiper Way.....

I'm excited to hear what happens with Justine and her Pregnancy....

I'm eager to hear what happens with Olivia....I hope everything goes ok for her

I'm interested to see how everything goes with Will

And then there's Bobby and Teri....Teri is pregnant too....I'm excited to see them have their new baby....

And last but not least.....RACHEL AND BRUCE.....they need to get married already!!!!

Started on or around 9/1/07
finished 9/6/07

No comments: