Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Home Song- Thomas Kinkade


I have so many books I want to read NOW, yet there's something about this series that has me absolutely HOOKED!!! Home Song centered mostly around the upcoming election and the race between Emily Warwick and Charlie Bates to see who would actually win the election.....I was really not sure who would end up winning, though I really hoped it would be Emily. I didn't really like Charlie...he was too hot-headed...A male chauvinist, you might say. Lucy was so sweet, I don't know what she was doing with a husband like him. Another big thing that happened, right before the election, in fact, was that Sarah finally revealed that Emily was her birthmother. I'm sure that had to be hard to do. Jessica finally put her feelings about her mom aside, and agreed to marry Sam, which I was glad to see. I don't think anyone could ever be good enough in Lillian's eyes. And then there was Luke McAllister and his project New Horizons, a project that works with at-risk kids, and gives them a chance to get to a more rural community and get a new outlook on life and also gain some skills that they might not otherwise be able to be exposed to. This idea was met with a lot of opposition, but eventually people started changing their minds.
Things I noticed:
It seems like Molly Willougby has definitely warmed up to Jessica. She acted so coldly toward her in the first book.
Like I said, I really didn't care for Charlie. I thought Lucy was sweet though.
I knew right off the bat that Elixabeth and Dan has feelings for each other. I think they should get together.
I also want Sarah to STAY in Cape Light and get together with Luke.
A few more things I look forward to finding out in A Gathering Place:
I'm looking forward to seeing how Jessica and Sam adjust to married life. I want to see them start a family.
I want to know what happens to Lillian. I hope she comes to her senses and reaches out to her girls and her grandaughter.
Again, I'm interested to see what happens with Sarah. Will she decide to stay in Cape Light or move back to Maryland? How will her relationship with Emily change? How will her relationship with Lilliann change?
I'm interested to see what happens with the Reverend and his family...will Mark ever come back and visit Cape Cod? Will Rachel and her baby be ok?
I want to know what happens to Charlie and Lucy Bates. Lucy mentions that she wants to either go to marriage counseling, or talk to Reverend Lewis....will Charlie agree to go? Will they end up divorcing?
Dan's Son Wyatt- He's new in town....I'm looking forward to hearing more about him and what he does?
I can't wait to hear how the New Horizons project turns out. Will peoples' opinions of that program soften or will they remain the same?
What are some things that will kick off Emily's second term as Mayor? Will she get in a relationship with Dan? How will that progress?
Based on the cover artwork, and the title of this book A Gathering Place, it seems like a lot of the stories will be centered around things that happen in or around the church. The 4th book in the series, A New Leaf, seems like it will be more about change.
I picked up both books at the library today and the librarian commented what a great series this was. She also noticed the Debbie Macomber book I was holding and mentioned she had just read her first book by Debbie Macomber. I told her how Debbie was my favorite author and that I was lucky enough to meet her this past June.
Started Home Song : 9/22/07
finished: 9/26/07
Now, moving on to A Gathering Place

No comments: