Saturday, September 8, 2007

Knit Together: Discover God's Pattern For Your Life


This was a very thought-provoking book. Not the type I normally read, but someone mentioned it to me and it seemed interesting. It had bits and pieces about Debbie's life, so I think that was the major selling point. I was actually going to take this back due to money issues, but I decided to keep it, thinking that it would be good for me to read. I found it to be very inspiring.
Some of the things that caught my attention were how she talked about setting goals, but working on one step at a time. She discussed the S.M.A.R.T. plan which stands for specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic, and timed goals. She also gave a worksheet in another section for making some goals at the beginning of the year/month. She mentioned that she keeps a "gratitude" journal, which she writes in whenever someone does something that she finds impressive. I would like to copy this idea in a way, and add more to it. I would like to start a happiness journal, and write anything funny that happens, when good things happen (for example finding left in a pants pocket, when I'm broke). She also mentioned the 5 Be's: Be Proud, Be Persistent, Be Bold, Be Grateful, and Be Yourself
Started 8/27/07
Finished 9/7/07
Up next: Still Summer by Jacquelyn Mitchard

No comments: