Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Christmas Shoes- Donna VanLiere


# of book read so far this year: I haven't really kept good track this year, but For the month of November it is #10
Title: The Christmas Shoes
Author: Donne VanLiere
Year Published: 2001
Rating (1-10): 10
Date Finished: 11/22/07
Genre: not sure, I'd call it inspirational fiction, perhaps
# of pages: 129
Number in Series: 1 in the Christmas Hope Series
Where did the book come from: I checked it out at the library
Why I read it: I had been browsing online looking for Christmas books and thought it looked good, then someone in one of my book clubs mentioned it.
Blurb (story line): Two main characters Robert- a workaholic who's marriage is falling apart, and Nathan who's 8 and is losing his mom to cancer. Robert has it all, and doesn't realize how much he really has until he comes close to losing whats most important. It takes Robert and Nathan running into each other in a store to make Nathan realize what is really important in life.
My personal thoughts and comments: A Very Quick read....I put this book right up there with the Richard Paul Evans series I've been reading.....it definitely kept my attention and both stories were touching. I can't wait to continue with this series.

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

I love your book recommendations!! Your books are my style of reading. I just checked THe Christmas Shoes out at the library. Thanks!!

Julie B