Sunday, November 18, 2007

Christmas Wishes by Debbie Macomber



This included Christmas Letters and Rainy Day Kisses-

Christmas Letters is about K.O who's a medical transcriptionist and looking for a job in PR. She also writes Christmas letters for people who don't have time to do it themselves. Dr. Jeffries is a child psychologist who believes that children should not have any boundaries, which K.O. strongly opposes. K.O's sister, however, loves the book and is raising her twin daughters with the beliefs expressed in this book. Dr. Jeffries happens to be K.O'S neighbor, and they eventually admit their attraction for each other.

Christmas Letters was the Christmas book that Debbie Macomber wrote in 2006. I had started to read it then, but I just couldn't get into it, so I gave up. I really don't know what my problem was. I started reading it again and I really enjoyed it. This story is set on Blossom Street, which is another one of my favorite series by her. It mentioned some of the Blossom Street landmarks that I'd heard about before. I'm now anxious to go back and skim through those books to see if they mention Dr. Jeffries. That name sounded really familiar to me, so I'm thinking they might have. I also think Debbie should write the next book in the Blossom Street series and include this:

It should include a knitting class at A Good Yarn and Katherine and LaVonne should be the students in the class!!!! I seem to recall one of them mentioning that they wanted to sign up for a knitting class!!! It could also talk about her and Wynn's married life and starting a family. Just a thought. I'm actually surprised that since this book came out in 2006, that she didn't include these two new characters in Back on Blossom Street.

Rainy Day Kisses-

Suzanne is stuck babysitting her 9 month old neice, who cries all night, keeping her neighbor awake. He comes over to see what all the noise is about and ends up falling asleep on the couch. It is after this weekend that they start spending more time together and their attraction to each other grows. They eventually get married and start a family of their own.

I thought this story was hilarious as well and I think it made Christmas Wishes a great book to read. It wasn't too heavy and it was entertaining and funny. It might have been a little predictable, but it did have a very happy ending.

No comments: