Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Deep In the Valley by Robyn Carr


# of book read so far this year: 30
Title: Deep In the Valley
Author: Robyn Carr
Date Finished: 6/6/08
Genre: Contemporary Romance
# of pages: 378
Series: Grace Valley Trilogy.
blurb: We got to know the residents of Grace Valley. Grace Valley is set in California, near the Humboldt, Mendocino, and Trinity Counties. This is only a few hours away from where I live? Grace Valley is a very small town, where every knows each other and watches out for each other. Some of the main characters in this book were Tom Toopeek, June Hudson, her dad Elmer Hudson, the Craven family, and John Stone. John is new to Grace Valley and he's the OB-GYN. June has doubts about him in the beginning and suspects he has a past that includes Sexual Assualt charges,. Luckily, discovers she was wrong. June meets Jim, an undercover DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) Agent who shows up once in awhile. Gus Craven is an abusive father and husband, and his wife ends up killing him in self-defence.
personal thoughts/opinions: I must say I was a bit disappointed. I liked the Virgin River Series muchbetter. I will definitely read the other two books. I wrote out a list of all the characters so I could remember who's who (in another entry).I really did like all the characters though....well except for Gus Craven. And I noticed there sure seemed to be a lot of blame and accusation going on?
What did you like best about the book? I like the small town feel and how everyone knows each other.
What didn’t you like about the book? I noticed there seemed to be a lot of accusation and blame going on in this book.
why you read it? I loved the Virgin River Series so much that I was excited to read this series too.
Was this book recommended to you or did you find it on your own? It was recommended to me by Bookloversgroup (online group on yahoo.com)
Would you recommend it to others? yes I would
Do you want to read more books by this author? definitely
Does it remind you of other books you’ve already read?
Did you find it hard to stay interested in this book? not as much as the Virgin River series did
Was this book what you expected? ummmm I really didn't know WHAT I was expecting, so yeah I guess so.
What book are you planning to read next? between the time I finished the book and the time I posted this entry. I have started the second book in the Grace Valley Series, Just Over the Mountain and also started and finished Some Kind of Wonderful by Debbie Macomber.
I rated this book 3.5/5

No comments: