Saturday, June 21, 2008

Down By the River by Robyn Carr


# of book read so far this year: 34
Title: Down By the River
Author: Robyn Carr
Date Finished: 6/20/2008
Genre: Romance
# of pages: 377
Series: Grace Valley Trilogy
blurb: June's secret Lover retires from the DEA and comes to Grace Valley for good. They annouce that they're pregnant and make plans to get married. Chris and his boys are still in Grace Valley, and the boys are recovering from the car accident. June and Chris's Wife, Nancy, become really close. The Forrest family decides to stay in Grace Valley. The Mull family is still living in Grace Family. Jurea befriends Erline, her neighbor, and another mom with a bunch of kids. Sam gets her into an empty house, and helps her start her life over. Myrna's husband, Morton returns to Grace Valley, much to everyone's surprise, after writing her letters under a different name, which actually happens to be his REAL name...he's just always went by Morton. The new Preacher, Harry, is having some addiction problems with gambling, and as a result looses a lot of money, and ends up borrowing from a lot of people. He runs in Shame, but soon learns that according to the residents of Grace Valley, "Everyone Makes Mistakes" and they all welcome him back in Grace Valley with open arms.
personal thoughts/opinions: I love his this book started off the day after Just Over the Mountain ended. I came to really love the residents of Grace Valley, and was really sad to see this series end. I miss them already. I sure wish Robyn Carr would continue this series. I got a different vibe from the residents of Grace Valley than I did from the residents of Virgin River, though I loved the residents of Virgin River just as much!
What did you like best about the book? I loved June...and how she kept her love a secret for a long while. I sort of did the same thing so she reminded me a lot of myself.
What didn’t you like about the book? I didn't really like the who Myrna/Morton storyline. I could've done without that.
why you read it? because I've really enjoyed the first two books in the series, I had to finish it off!
Was this book recommended to you or did you find it on your own? It was recommended to me by friends in Bookloversgroup in yahoo groups.
Would you recommend it to others? yes I definitely would
Do you want to read more books by this author? I have two more books of hers already that I want to read, and she's coming out with A Virgin River Christmas later this year, and 3 more books in the Virgin River Series in 2009.
Does it remind you of other books you’ve already read? yeah the Virgin River Series.....OH...I wish she would've mentioned the Virgin River Residents in this series....I kept waiting for their names to appear, but they never did.
Did you find it hard to stay interested in this book? Not at all!
Was this book what you expected?What book are you planning to read next? Blue Skies ALSO by Robyn Carr!!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

I do soooo want to read this series as well!! Thanks for the great review

Julie