Friday, June 13, 2008

Just Over the Mountain by Robyn Carr


# of book read so far this year: 32
Title: Just Over the Mountain
Author: Robyn Carr
Date Finished: 6/13/08
Genre: Romance
# of pages: 376
Series: Grace Valley Trilogy
blurb: Some of the big things that happened in this book were: June's old Beau, Chris Forrest has seperated from his wife and returned to Grace Valley along with his two little hellion sons, 14 year old twins Brad and Brent. They always seem to be getting into trouble. There question of whereabouts of Myrna's dad surface again after bones are found under her bushes outside. It is then discovered that this birdwatcher named Paul put them there to set her up. June ends up Pregnant and Jim returns for good, and the secret of their relationship is finally out! Susan Stone becomes a nurse at the clinic, which causes a lot of tension between her and John in the beginning, but they soon kiss and make up. Justine, Sam's wife, was recently diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, and then believes she is pregnant, so she stops all of her treatment. Unfortunately, this turns out not to be true and ends up costing her her life. The Mulls are learning to survive in non-isolation and have moved to town. The two kids have started going to school and are doing well. Clarence is having a harder time than the rest of the family. Jurea has reconstructive surgery on her face and the changes are just too much for Clarence to handle. So, he goes back to the forest, but he soon starts to come around. Oh, and Blythe and Daniel have always seemed like such a nice couple but decide to confess after everyone thinks Daniel's having an affair with Sarah, that they are in fact brother and sister.
personal thoughts/opinions: WOW! I DEFINITELY liked this book better than Deep In the Valley!!! So many things happened in this book. I'm so glad Jim is here to stay and can't wait to hear more about their pregnancy and getting married. I didn't really like Sarah in the beginning, but when I got to the TWIST in the story, my feelings changed and I felt that Blythe was being pretty selfish. I also thought that Susan and Julianna were being pretty catty for being PROUD of running Pastor Wickham out of town. I wanted to reach through the pages and strangle Chris....I CANNOT Stand parents who let their kids get away with murder!!! I thought it was pretty chauvanistic for John not to want Susan to work and wanted to strangle him on a few occasions too. And Honestly, I could've done without the whole Myrna storyline.....that just didn't seem to fit this perfect little town.
What did you like best about the book? how there were actual STORYLINES....In the first book in the series everything seemed to run together.
What didn’t you like about the book? Some of the people....I wanted to strangle some of them!
why you read it? because I recently read this author's other series and wanted to try this one too.
Was this book recommended to you or did you find it on your own? It was recommended to me by friends in Bookloversgroup (online group on yahoo)
Would you recommend it to others? yes I definitely would
Do you want to read more books by this author? yes
Does it remind you of other books you’ve already read? not so much
Did you find it hard to stay interested in this book? NOT AT ALL! I can only hope that the next book in the series will be as good as this one was.
Was this book what you expected? yes, maybe it even exceeded my expectations
What book are you planning to read next? While I track down, Down By the River, the third and last book in the Grace Valley Trilogy, I will Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsbury. I've been wanting to read that book FOREVER!
I give Just over the Mountain 5/5!!!

No comments: