Thursday, April 17, 2008

Making Waves by Cassandra King

# of book read so far this year: 25
Title: Making Waves
Author: Cassandra King
Date Finished: 4/17/08
Genre: Contemporary fiction
# of pages: 276
Series: ~~~~~
blurb: Donette recently inherited her aunt's beauty salon, and her husband, Tim, was involved in a horrible accident two years ago leaving him crippled. The accident was his best friend, Taylor's fault. That accident ended their friendship. Now, Taylor has come back to Zion county to try to rekindle their friendship. Tim also has a lot of artistic talent, and after seeing the sign he made for Donnette's shop, Taylor makes arrangements to give Tim a scholarship to go to school to take drawing classes. This book was written in 6 chapters, written from the viewpoints of Donette, Taylor, Taylor's aunt Della, and Ellis, Taylor's cousin Sonny's girlfriend. It was set in 1985 in a small Alabama town.
personal thoughts/opinions: This book was a bit hard to follow at times. It was hard to keep track of who was who. But other than that it definitely kept my interest. I was very interested in hearing about Tim and Donnete. Tim reminded me of my boyfriend, so I'm sure that had something to do with my interest in the story.
What did you like best about the book? My favorite couple was Tim and Donette. I didn't really care for most of the other people.
What didn’t you like about the book? It was confusing, I would've loved to have read Tim's take on things.
why you read it? I saw it on the shelves at the library, and from reading the back of the book, it looked interesting, so I read it.
Was this book recommended to you or did you find it on your own? I found it on my own
Would you recommend it to others? It's hard to say....probably not....the only reason I liked it was because Tim reminded me of my boyfriend. Other than that it was a confusing storyline.
Do you want to read more books by this author? I'm thinking of reading The Same Sweet Girls, but I'm not rushing out to the library to get it.
Does it remind you of other books you’ve already read? actually no....I've never really read a book thats left me so confused
Did you find it hard to stay interested in this book? No, it kept my interest
Was this book what you expected? No, I expected the whole thing to be centered around Tim and Donette, just from what the back cover said. I didn't expect it to be written from the viewpoints of four different people.
What book are you planning to read next? Whispering Rock by Robyn Carr

No comments: