Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky


# of book read so far this year: 27

Title: The Secret Between Us

Author: Barbara Delinsky

Date Finished: 4/23/08

Genre: Contemporary Fiction (Barbara Delinsky is also considered a romance writer)

# of pages: 343

Series: ~~~~~~~~~
blurb: One rainy night, Deborah picks her daughter, Grace, up at a party and lets her drive home. A Man runs out in front of their car, and they hit him. Deborah sends Grace home and says that she was driving. They guy they hit is Cal, and he happens to be Grace's History teacher. He ends up dying because he's taking a certain medication, which was a blood thinner, which no one knew he was taking. The fact that Deborah lied is causing Grace a lot of stress, and ruining the relationship with her friends at school, and with her mom. Finally, Grace is able to come clean to everyone including the District Attorney, and at that same time they find a suicide note from Cal. So, Grace and Deborah are proven innocent and put on probation.
personal thoughts/opinions: I'd probably give this book a 3.5 out of 5 if I rated books. I'm glad I checked this book out from the library as opposed to buying it. I was hoping they'd come clean with the truth, and figured they probably would. Cal and his wife just seemd really wierd.....I also thought it was really odd that Deborah kept in touch with Tom, Cal's brother.
What did you like best about the book? it kept my interest....it was a very interesting storyline, nothing like anything I'd read before.
What didn’t you like about the book? some of the characters.
why you read it? I like Barbara Delinsky, and tend to read her books as they come out.
Was this book recommended to you or did you find it on your own? I keep up with her upcoming releases, so I found it on my own.
Would you recommend it to others? I would recommend they get it from the library, or wait until it comes out in paperback.
Do you want to read more books by this author? yes I have several more of her books in my bookshelves.
Does it remind you of other books you’ve already read? I could see Jodi Picoult writing a storyline like this.
Did you find it hard to stay interested in this book? no
Was this book what you expected? yeah pretty much
What book are you planning to read next? I'm planning to finish The Mother's Day Garden by Kimberly Cates

No comments: