Monday, February 4, 2008

Snowfall At Willow Lake


# of book read so far this year: 5
Title: Snowfall At Willow Lake
Author: Susan Wiggs
Year Published: 2008
Rating (1-10): 9
Date Finished: 2/3/08
Genre: Contemporary Romance
# of pages: 439
Number in Series: 4
Where did the book come from: I rushed to Target the day this book hit the shelves and snatched one right up
Why I read it: I loved every other book in this series I wanted to continue reading.
Blurb (story line): After a Terrorist incident at the Hague, Sophie realizes what (and who) is really important to her, and she decides to return to Avalon to try to repair her relationship with her children. She meets Noah, a Veterinarian, who actually rescues her from a snowstorm her first night back in town. They soon fall in love, and despite some differences- their difference in age for one- their relationship grows stronger as time goes on. They eventually get married and even adopt two children from Umoja. Greg and Nina also got married and are starting their lives together. Jenny Majeski's book is finally getting published. She's publishing a book of recipes from the bakery. Daisy and her baby are doing well...they live in a little duplex and Daisy goes back to school to take some classes in photography.
My personal thoughts and comments: I liked this book....the beginning was a bit slow, the ending was shocking....definitely not what I was anticipating, but in a good way. I'm happy that I've finally finished the series, but a little sad that I have to wait all the way until 2009 for the next book, but at least I'll be ready.
Next, I'll be posting my blog: Who's Who at Willow Lake And I'm moving on to read The Manning Sisters by Debbie Macomber

No comments: