Sunday, February 3, 2008

Winter Lodge by Susan Wiggs


# of book read so far this year: 2

Title: Winter Lodge

Author: Susan Wiggs

Year Published: 2007

Rating (1-10): 7

Date Finished: 1/23/08

Genre: Contemporary Romance

# of pages: 402

Number in Series: 2 in the Lakeshore Chronicles Series

Where did the book come from: I believe I got it at the used bookstore

Why I read it: I read Summer At Willow Lake, which is the first book in this series, and I enjoyed that book so much that I wanted to continue with this series.

Blurb (story line): The book starts with Jenny's house burning down, then she ends up staying with Rourke McKnight, the police chief, and also someone from Jenny's past. The book floats between present day and the past when Jenny and Rourke were growing up. Olivia Bellamy is getting married to Connor Davis, and Greg Bellamy moves to Avalon, New York, with his two children Max and Daisy. They are still trying to deal with the divorce. Daisy also discovers she's pregnant.

My personal thoughts and comments: I honestly didn't like this book as much as Snowfall At Willow Lake. I felt really bad for Jenny....she seemed like such a sensitive soul, having survived so much loss recently. I was glad that she found love with Rourke. I really enjoyed how these books flow between present day and the past. Based on the time frame in these books, Jenny, Rourke, are really not much older than me. So it was interesting reading about when there were teenagers/young adults. I like how everyone in this town is connected/related to someone in some way another. I'll be posting a blog explaining who's who in Willow Lake very soon.

No comments: